Tuesday, a very interesting day. Lots of stuff. Lots of stuff
Here is the route we took (more or less).
We spent some time in Ohio and ended up in Kentucky. Lots of nice roads both West Virginia and Ohio and not to much in Kentucky.
Sun all day. :)
Day started out well, breakfast in walking distance (Bob Evans). I know a chain not on the list but, it was good and close
Got on the road by 9. first 20 miles or so on Interstate and then off to the secondary roads. We had a few glitches with the route be we got it sorted out
I am sitting here in the motel room and thinking, what happened between the time we left the motel and the time we got to Ripley is not clear. We did not have any real issues. We did have some nice roads but not the same as yesterday.
What did happen, for sure, that we went into Ohio to make sure Bill could cross if off his list. Here are some photos of that trip. (Later we actually went into Ohio for 30 miles or so.)
We drove past a very large First Energy fossil plant.
The route problem was solved by going directly to Ripley, WV from the spot we found ourselves in on the route (I don't know what happened but I have had a circular route before because I routed myself on the wrong side of the highway (east vs west and the GPS knows the differences as does the mapping program).
We had lunch at the Downtowner in Ripley across from the Jackson County Court Hosue.
Hours are 7 to 2 and breakfast is served all day. When you ask for bacon they ask you how you want it cooked. A reuben is $5.95 including drink and chips
I had an omelet.
Across from the restaurant is the court house.
With a commemorative plaque out front
They have a few logistical problems. Notice the handicap symbol in the picture below
Unlike other municipalities, they paint the symbols so that they are only read correctly from the sidewalk. To each his own, If you don't see the irony in this, ....
And then one more trip into Ohio and on to Kentucky
I have load all the videos in a folder in my drop box file. I will annotate them here and provide individual links here. The dropbox app seems to do a better job of rendering in down load
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ze9iz0f7o2eue7c/AAAap8EPTAr6OxpsqKboEh3ka?dl=0
Oh the accident was not us, we just happened upon it as they were pulling the truck out of the ditch.









No comments:
Post a Comment