Today, the forecast in the same area is for sunny skies and temperatures in the upper 60's for a high.
What all this means is you don't know but I am smiling more now than I was at the first of the week when the forecast for more "gloomy".
One new thing I am going to do is to post the days route in a separate "blog" post. So, here is what Sunday's route looks like.
Since this is only a six day trip, we will not be taking our normal "get out of town fast' route on the interstate. In fact, there is little interstate usage on this trip.
So if you are trying to avoid interstates you also don't want to use the "normal" secondary routes if you can avoid them. That means routes like US 176 or US 321 are to be avoided. So for this part of the trip I thought it would be cool to see how far one could go on SC 200. Pretty far and it runs it the right direction and guess what? There is an NC 200 that goes north and south also.
Ok.. day one is about 350 miles. The longest day. We will start off from Waffle House and head North (sort of).
Things along the way on Day one. Rural North Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, Mount Rogers National Recreation Area, and Jefferson National Forest.
The end point is Princeton, WV. Population 6,400 and elevation of 2.438 Ft above sea level.
Here is an interesting factoid which I have not personally verified but it was stated that there is not now a city in West Virginia with a population over 50,000.
No comments:
Post a Comment