Monday, May 23, 2016

Monday

Ahh the second day on the road.   Breakfast at Cracker Barrel, sunny skies, temperature in the mid 50s.   That's how Monday on the road started.   After breakfast we went back to the rooms to finish packing up and hit the road, figuring we would be on the road by 9:00.

Wrong!   The Harley had a problem.   It seemed, from our uninformed inspection of the bike, some feeling and comparing the sounds to some sounds on a you tube video that Bill found that the bike had a head gasket leak.  So Henry called his cousin who owns a wrecker server and operates out of the Columbia area.  He left South Carolina around 10 or so and last time Bill checked Henry and the bike were on the some where near Statesville, NC

Ok.   We left about 1030 or so.   Some Wonderfull roads today.   I will post some of the pics later if not tonight.

Here is Monday's Route





But first I said we try not to stop at "chain" places to eat with noted exceptions.   Here is where we had lunch somewhere about 35 miles from Elkin, WV (it may have been near Snow Show but...)









The only sign on the place was Restaurant and Lodging.  I had a BBQ sandwich (left the bread) and a bowl of chili.   it was good.  The place is located in this small town right on the river.  Or on a river.

The picture above is what I thought was downtown.

Here is a partial video from the trip.  I will have to figure out where it actually was by the time stamp on the camera file.





Some Still Images












MoreVideos










1 comment: